ADMISSIONS RELATED INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE WILL BE UPDATED LATER. MEANWHILE YOU MAY CONTACT US VIA EMAIL AT MUNDUSMAPP@CEU.EDU AND WE WILL NOTIFY YOU WHEN THE WEBSITE HAS BEEN UPDATED.
Mundus MAPP is open to both European and third country national students. Scholarships are provided for the best eligible applicants by the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme, as well as by the Consortium institutions.
Minimum requirements are:
1) Educational background
For all tracks of the program, candidates need to have a Bachelors degree (completed at least three years of undergraduate study - normally at least Second Class).
Further, for CEU tracks (CEU-York and CEU-IBEI) only Bachelors degrees in the Social Sciences and some disciplines in the Arts and Humanities are eligible. Specifically:
- Bachelors degrees are automatically fully accepted in the following fields: International Studies (incl. International Relations), Political Science, Sociology, Social Studies; Administration Management, International Administration; Applied Economics, Economic Analysis, Public Service.
- Bachelors degrees are fully automatically accepted, provided that the candidate has at least half a year’s professional or research experience, in the following fields: any other field of the Social Sciences; Legal and Administration Sciences; Economics; National Defense and Military field and Security studies.
- Other Bachelors degrees in the Arts and Humanities may be accepted on a case-by-case basis, if the Consortium’s admissions evaluators can verify from the submitted transcripts that the applicant has followed courses and/or has done research in the fields listed above.
The fields above are defined broadly, national equivalent degrees or specialized degrees of the above fields (e.g. political economy or international political economy, regional and environmental economics, social policy etc.) are eligible. If you have questions about the eligibility of your degree please contact the consortium.
Candidates with Natural Science or Engineering degrees are not eligible for any of the tracks.
2) High motivation and interest in European and international public policy
3) Work experience
Applicants with relevant work experience (internships, jobs) will be ranked higher.
4) Fluency in English
Mundus MAPP does not require a language certificate from applicants from the following countries, provided that they have received a Bachelor's or Master's degree taught exclusively in English:
Australia, Botswana, Canada, Gambia, Ghana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Liberia,
Malawi, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Rwanda (English-speaking region), South Africa, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, UK, USA and Zambia
Applicants from countries other than these may request a waiver from the English language admissions requirement if they completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree taught exclusively in English in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.
All other applicants will need to provide evidence of their English language skills with any one of the following test scores:
- TOEFL (Paper version; taken on/after January 15, 2016) 580 or above;
- TOEFL (Internet version; taken on/after January 15, 2016) 92 or above;
- IELTS - Academic (taken on/after January 15, 2016) 6.5 or above;
- Cambridge Proficiency Examination (taken on/after January 15, 2013) C or above;
- Cambridge Advanced English Test (taken on/after January 15, 2013) B or above.
Although Spanish is no longer a requirement for mobility tracks involving IBEI, basic knowledge of Spanish is recommended as some electives will only be available in Spanish.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.